Monday, February 1, 2010

This is our story......





Katie’s version:




We met when we were just 14 years old at a church dance! All the girls thought that he was the hottest thing and we were all jealous of each other when he would ask one of us to dance! We would run into each other every once in a while over the years but we were never really friends. August 2008 I moved to Utah to go to school. I was 100% against dating and males in general. Nate and I very quickly ran into each other because he was out there going to BYU and we both lived in the same apartment complex! His roommate and my roommate started dating and somehow we would get drug to come along.... after about a week of being forced to hang out with each other we decided that we kinda liked spending time together. Soon we started hanging out without our roommates and for several hours a day! We quickly became best friends! It was so nice to have someone who i could trust and really enjoyed spending all of my free time with. I was so against dating but I just couldn't help but want to be with him all of the time. He made me so happy! Before I knew it I had fallen head over heels in love with Nate, my best friend. One day a few months later I told my roommate that I wNated to marry Nate but I would kill her if she ever told. She had this sneaky look on her face and told me that Nate had told her the week prior that he was going to marry me someday. I was so happy! A few months later..Febuary 27 2009, my dream came true.... my best friend asked me to be his wife. The night that I called my mom to tell her the great news and she was so happy for me... My dad told me that he knew that was some reason why I needed to go to Utah and now it made sense that Nate was the reason why. The next few months went by quickly!! But then came the hard part, I went home to Memphis the last weekend of April and Nate was headed to Washington dc for an internship. It was the longest and hardest summer of my life! But it was good for us because we were both able to work hard and save some money!! Finally August 15, 2009 came and we were married for time and all eternity in the Memphis, TN temple. We had a beautiful fun summer wedding! We are now back in Provo, Utah while Nate finishes up his last year at byu and I work full time at pinnacle security! We both can't wait to get out of here and start the rest of our forever!














Nate’s version:






It all started one day in the summer. I was sitting in my apartment in Provo. My new roommate came in and told me that this hot girl needed help moving into her apartment across the way. The only things I wNated to know was 1) How many girls there were 2) How many guys there were. There were already two guys going to help and there was only one girl. Needless to say, I saw that the odds were not in my favor, so I said no.






A week later, I was getting home from work and I saw this black Toyota Celica that had a giant Memphis Tigers sticker on the back with Memphis license plates. I thought this was crazy, because I had grown up in the Memphis North Stake, so I thought that someway or another I must know this person. A few days pass and I kept seeing this beautiful girl that I remembered from stake dances. Her name was Katie Fearnley or something like that... I added her on facebook, but never really intended to act on anything. A few days after this, I was talking to Katie on facebook chat and somehow she convinced me to come over and visit her. When I got to her apartment, there was a really bad guy to girl ratio. There were eight guys already there, with a total of three girls. Now, I decided to be proactive and make a move. I sat right next to Katie and made sure that we talked. Every time another guy tried talking to her then, I shut him down and made sure Katie knew that I was there. After a few hours, I went home and went back to my normal life.






A few short days after that, my roommate that tried to convince me to help a girl move in, had managed to begin dating that same girl's roommate. They were over at my apartment and the girl my roommate was dating kept trying to convince me that I should talk to her roommate. The very next day, they manage to drag that girl along, lo and behold, that girl was Katie Fearnley. We had a good laugh about how I wouldn't help her move in. Then seeing each other became a daily ritual. Our roommates decided that they weren't compatible, but that wasn't enough to keep Katie and me from seeing each other. After just hanging out for a week or two, we went on our first date. We saw the movie Eagle Eye and all Katie could talk about was "Shia Le Hottie." We talked all day, everyday. We would text until 3am. I would wake up and think about her. I would make up excuses just to make sure I saw her everyday.






On November 1st, Katie's birthday, we took a giant leap in our relationship. I had known for a few weeks that I loved Katie and that I wNated more. On that night, I told her that I loved her and she cried. It was the cutest thing ever and I knew that this was the one. However, I didn't tell her all of this at that time. A few days later, I was visiting her and we were talking to her roommate. Katie didn't know that while we were talking, I was texting her roommate telling her how I knew that I wanted to marry Katie and that she had better not tell Katie. Well, she told Katie. Things went very quickly. Before I knew it, we had both met the families, we looked at engagement rings, and somewhere along the way, and I bought one. Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months, with our love growing by the day. On February 27, 2009, I asked Katie to be my wife. Once again, she cried. It was the cutest thing ever. Katie moved back to Memphis for the summer and I interned in DC. The few months until we got married turned into the longest of my life. We only saw each other once during the summer before getting married. We spent all day long talking on the phone and texting. We were best friends. It was so easy to be in love as we saw each other everyday. Even though we were already engaged and we were getting married in August, spending the summer apart showed our dedication to each other. It was the hardest thing ever. Our loved still grew by the day and time began to pass more quickly. We were sealed for time and all eternity on August 15, 2009 in the Memphis temple. As we start this life together, we find ourselves back in Utah as I finish up my bachelor's at BYU. We have a tiny apartment, a huge TV, a little fun, and a lot of love. Everyday, our love and friendship grows.






I always tell people that I knew from the time that I was 14 that I wNated to marry Katie. Secretly, I always knew that I was attracted to her. Little did I know that the single most important person to me was right under my nose. It took 6 years and 1600 miles to realize this. Married life is wonderful. The simple and small things in life bring great joy and we have lots of that.





1 comment: